Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rhelaxer Update

I self-relaxed using Mizani Butter blends in Medium strength, as the mild left me under-processed all over...and this is how it went....


First off I sectioned off my hair into four sections. Based my scalp using the butter base and then used castor oil to protect my previously relaxed length and ends. Then, I started applying the rhelaxer to my crown areas ensuring to coat edges and nape last, this took about 8- 10 minutes. After all the NG was covered in the creamy crack, I started the smoothing process with a fine tooth comb about 5-8 minutes until I felt the burning sensation. I rinsed until the water stopped foaming, and applied a small amount of the balancing hairbath to remove any trace of relaxer.


I then applied a protein treatmeant, I use Ramoni rescue me and left this on for 15 minutes covered with a shower cap. I rinsed, then reapply the balancing hairbath to my scalp only massaged for about 2 mins and rinsed clean. I then applied the perpHecting creme to the entire head I let that sit for about 10 minutes as directed then hopped in the shower to rinse. I applied Motions moisture plus silk protein for 2 mins and detangled, no tangles and a lot of slip, followed quickly with my cheapie suave strawberry conditioner.


I let the hair air dry and then roller set using water and a bit of leave-in conditioner which I let air dry overnight. The next day I flat-ironed my roots only and wrapped my hair up until I was ready for my outing.


The Result: My hair was smoother than the last touch-up I did, however even though the relaxer was applied to my crown first, that area is more texlaxed than relaxed but it is soft none the less. I am very happy with the results. Unfortunately I did not take pics of the process or the final look after I combed out the wrap but...here are some pictures of post-relaxer day # 3 hair hope you enjoy

2 comments:

  1. I used MBB (mild) for my last relaxer touch up and it left me underprocessed/texlaxed as well. I didn't mind, just took it as a learning experience that I need to smooth better and a bit longer - I smoothed for all of 2 minutes with my fingers only.

    I love the shine of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeni! hopefully my next relaxer is more successful!

    ReplyDelete