Thursday, March 29, 2012

Guess What...

I changed my mind, I tend to do that a lot. After 15 weeks 6 days post-relaxed I self relaxed. And boy oh Boy am I every happy with my progress. I've never had luxuriously full thick hair like my sisters but my new length just has my cheeks hurting.

 
I based my hair line with vaseline and put Chi Silk Infusion on my previously relaxed ends. I relax with Mizani Butter Blends in Fine/Coloured strength. I relaxed my new growth in one step & used Jen's method of sectioning the hair before hand. I really love this method, because this time I was not under processed at all.



As I am beginning to rinse the relaxer out, I pour a healthy amount of white vinegar in my hair to start the neutralizing process, I makes the room smell like eggs but it decreases the amount of burns I end up with each time.


After rinsing out, I applied Aphogee's two minute keratin reconstructor for 2 minutes, then apply the neutralizing shampoo. Now because I used the vinegar the first time, the suds were white, I shampoo'd twice. Then applied Roux Porosity Control for 2-3 minutes, rinsed then applied the Neutralizing conditioner and left that on for 20 minutes with a shower cap as I showered.

After rinsing the conditioner out, I towel dried and sprayed in Aphogee's Keratin & Green Tea Reconstruizer Leave In, Tresemme Heat protectant, and Organix Coconut Milk serum, detangled with a wide tooth comb, and then rollerset my hair. 

It took about 45 minutes under the dryer  to be completely dry.





After the take down I applied PM skinny serum, wrapped my hair in saran warm and when back under the dryer for another 5 minutes. *whew*



The Morning After (today)







So My goal of APL is checked off, on to MBL!!!


-Priscilla♥






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks beautiful! And congratZ on reaching your goal!
    blutifulblaqhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete